Sunday, June 5, 2011

Paper or Plastic? Neither, Thanks.

It was long ago that I switched over to reusable cloth grocery bags, and I think a lot of others have too.  One thing that I continued to feel unhappy about though was the produce and bulk bags.

At first I was going to make a cloth produce bag something like this...

...but I quickly realized that wouldn't be suitable for bulk items.  Another concern I had was the added weight of the bag at the till when purchasing my items.  I then considered sewing something out of mesh, but I didn't want it to stretch and it would have to be a very small mesh.  Then the other day I came across Earthwise bags at Nature's Fare.  A dream come true!

Mine in use at home after a shopping trip.

This is Earthwise's Reusable Mesh Produce Sack.  For about $3, I got a pack of 3 bags which is perfect for my average shopping trip.  As you can see, they can hold quite a lot and have a drawstring top.  The mesh is not stretchy so it would be useful for some bulk items as well, and it is incredibly lightweight.  I am thrilled to have found an inexpensive solution to my issue.

Bonus:

Happy World Environment Day!
Today is World Environment Day (June 5th every year), and this year the focus is on our forests.  I was especially luckily to attend church this morning outdoors in the woods and go for a short hike afterwards.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment