Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ethical Ocean: An Online Marketplace

I just discovered a new (to me) online marketplace that really piqued my interest.  It's called Ethical Ocean.  It does require you to sign up, though it is simple.  After signing up, you're asking to invite 2 friends to join as well, and this is my invitation to all of you.


To get a better idea of what the organization is all about, from their website, here is Ethical Ocean's vision:
Our purchasing decisions affect our society and the planet.
It’s up to each of us to know what we are buying and why—and how each product we spend our dollars on impacts other people, animals, and the environment.
But that doesn’t mean we have to know everything. We can share our knowledge, and ideas, to help one another choose wisely. That’s what Ethical Ocean is all about.
I love it.  To cultivate this vision, every seller and item on their website must qualify for at least one of three designations: Good for People, Good for Animals or Good for the Environment.  At present, they list more than 2300 products on sale from 210 ethical vendors and producers.  They have items in all the categories of fashion, health and beauty, kids and babies, electronics, home and garden, food and drink, and "everything else."  I was especially impressed to see an electronics section, as I know that they are a large problem area.

If this has piqued your interest as well, I encourage you to check them out here.

Where do you find ethically made and sold products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment